The bike ambassador is ready to help you
Bike ambassador Leen Baetens helps people for whome cycling isn't easy. She can help or advise you on:
- Cycling lessons for you. Discover more information about cycling lessons for adults here.
- Cycling lessons for you child(ren).
- Deciding whether it's best to buy, rent or share a bicycle for you.
- Discovering cycling options for people with special needs (elderly, people with disabilities, ...). Find more information on this here as well.
- Fun and safe cycling tours in and around Ghent.
Contact the bike ambassador
Would you like more information or do you have questions for bike ambassador Leen? You can send her an e-mail or call (also on Whatsapp).
Other organizations that might be able to help
On the Stad Gent website you can find information about cycling tours or how to rent and share a bicycle.
At Op Wielekes you can borrow children's bicycles through a yearly subscription. You can switch the bicycle for a larger size when the current one has become too small for your child.
At the Fietskeukens you can get free help to repair your bicycle. There are tools available but you can't buy bicycle parts there.
At a Repair Café volunteer repairmen repair all sorts of items like clothing, electrical appliances, furniture and also bicycles for free.
On this map you can find the bicycle repair and rental shops in Ghent as well as children's bicycle libraries, public bike pumps and bike parkings.
Do you want to repair your bicycle or rent a bicycle, children's seat, bike lock or helmet but is it difficult to pay the full amount? Maybe the OCMW can help. Ask them for more information.