Time and desire to throw yourself into a new adventure? Do you enjoy cycling and are you socially engaged? Become a volunteer at TriVelo!
With TriVelo we want to kill three birds with one stone:
- Prevent isolation of less mobile people
- Promote integration of newcomers
- Make links between different communities
To achieve this, we set up a bicycle taxi service for less mobile people. With bicycles (type rickshaws + a wheelchair bicycle) we bring them to a local service center, the hairdresser or just go for a relaxing ride. Our cyclists are a mix of newcomers and less new Ghent residents.
Who are we looking for?
- You're enthousiastic, social and empathehic
- You enjoy taking people in tow
- You feel like working in a super diverse context
- You want to ride a rickshaw OR you would like to cycle along as a buddy of a newcomer
- You can free yourself for at least half a day (at least two hours) per week or every two weeks. Daytime or evening.
What do we offer?
- You will receive a volunteer allowance
- You are at the cradle of a new social project
- You make a difference for many people from Ghent
- You will receive a mini-training on the rickshaw and wheelchair bikes
- You get to know new people from different cultures and generations
- You are insured during your volunteer work
- You will end up in a fun, young operation that is open to your input
- You choose your own hours very flexibly (morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, ...).
Apply using this form. Make sure to let us know when you can ride and if you want to ride yourself or go along as a buddy. We'll contact you soon!
Scheduled info sessions
- Wednesday the 15th of February 16:30 - 17:30 (in English)
- Wednesday the 15th of March 18:00 - 19:00 (in Dutch)
- Tuesday the 28th of march 18:30 - 19:30 (in Dutch)
- Wednesday the 19th of April 18:30 - 19:30 (in Dutch)
Do you want more information? Contact us at email@example.com or 0479 35 65 82.