Both at the railway stations and in our historic city center you can park your bike in one of our bicycle parkings.
At the big railway stations
At the railway stations Dampoort and Gent-Sint-Pieters you'll find bicycle parkings.
- The bicycle parkings are always open. You can park your bicycle there for free.
- Do not leave your bicycle in a bicycle parking for more than 3 weeks in a row. The administrator has the right to remove your bicycle after this period.
- At both stations you can also, for a fee, park your bicycle in a guarded bicycle parking.
- Gent-Sint-Pieters: ask for a space in this parking at the passenger counter of the railway company.
- Gent-Dampoort: contact us.
In the historic city center
In the historic city center there are two free guarded bicycle parkings.
- In the bicycle parking Korenmarkt beneath St Michael's bridge there is room for 210 bicycles. You can enter the parking via Pakhuisstraat, next to the former post office. you'll also find a bicycle pump there.
- The bicycle parking Braunplein, close to city hall, has room for 80 bicycles. The parking is also equipped with one of the Bicycle Points of De Fietsambassade Gent. You can rent a bicycle here, get your bicycle engraved for free or have small repairs carried out. This bicycle parking can be reached via Emile Braunplein.
- The parkings are monitored by camera's.
- The parkings are open from 7 AM (in the morning) until 1 AM (at night). On Fridays and Saturdays until 3 AM. Outside these hours, the bicycle parkings are closed for safety reasons.
- In both bicycle parkings you can use public toilets for free.